Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Believe in Early to Bed and Early to Rise



I Believe in Early to Bed and Early to Rise

I believe in early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.  This quote is attributed to Benjamin Franklin. I’m not sure about the wealthy part but I would agree with the other two.  I love getting up early and having the time to do the things I love to do.  It’s 4:46am and I have been up for about a half an hour and I have no one who will bother me for the next 2 hours.  I will get my 2 blog posts written and read the newspaper online and check facebook, instagram and my email.  I will still have time to read the scriptures or listen to a conference talk.  At about 7:00am Chris and I will go for a walk and it is a great way to start the day.  I am always ready for bed about 9:00pm and asleep soon after that.  I don’t think it ever takes me more than about 5 minutes to fall asleep.  The words from the Sound of Music song come to my mind, “The sun has gone to bed and so must I” and depending on the time of year that is exactly how I feel.  For me this saying makes sense and it is the way I live.  So, I believe in early to bed, early to rise and if it makes me healthy, wealthy, and wise so much the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment