Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I Believe in Regular Temple Worship



I Believe in Regular Temple Worship

I believe that the temple can and will change your life profoundly.  For me it all started with a call from the president of the Salt Lake Temple.  He invited us in for a chat.  That was in December of 2004.  He interviewed us and then asked if we would serve as temple workers.  I had a beard at the time and he indicated that I would have to shave it off.  So in Jan. of 2005, we started working in the Salt Lake Temple.  The Salt Lake and Manti temples are the only two temples in the church that do not use the video for the instruction in the endowment and all male ordinances workers are asked to memorize the different parts of the endowment.  So I began and over the course of the next 6 months, I memorized all the parts and began taking my turn at each part.  The fact that now these words were part of my memory and I could go over them in my mind and that I would have to go over them to keep them word for word in my memory, made it possible to start thinking about the meaning of the words. Over the course of the next 4 and a half years, I came to understand what the covenants we make in the temple really mean and how being in the temple on a regular basis can and will change your life.  Elder Scott had a similar experience:  “Fourteen years ago I decided to attend the temple and complete an ordinance at least once a week. When I am traveling I make up the missed visits in order to achieve that objective. I have kept that resolve, and it has changed my life profoundly.”  How can just being in the temple on a regular basis change your life profoundly?  I have come to believe that anyone who comes to the temple on a regular basis with a desire to worship will be made a better person.  One cannot be in the House of the Lord regularly and not feel the Spirit and that Spirit works on us and teaches us and refines us and changes us in a very personal and profound way.  I believe in regular temple worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment