Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Believe in Tender Mercies



I Believe in Tender Mercies

I believe in tender mercies.  As defined by Elder Bednar in his second talk as an Apostle of the Lord, "Through personal study, observation, pondering, and prayer, I believe I have come to better understand that the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C 46:15)." I know that this is true.  Only a loving Father in Heaven, who knows us so personally and individually, could ever send us just exactly what we need, when we need it.  Mom and I have been the recipients of many tender mercies these last few weeks.  Both of us need to have some very expensive dental work done before we leave for Oaxaca.  Blake and Michelle Rigby have asked me to work on their house.  They have decided that they have enough work to keep me busy full time until we leave and asked me to quit working at Home Depot.  This is going to be enough money to pay for the dental work we need to have done.  Now if that is not a tender mercy I don’t know one.  The Lord knew we were going to need extra money for this dental work and prompted the Rigby’s to ask me if I wanted to help them with their project.  They then were prompted to expand what they wanted to do and again asked if I wanted to do the work.  We thought we would have a little extra money entering the mission field this time, but the Lord knew we were going to need the money even before we did.  Truly He is looking out for us and is suiting His mercies for us according to our condition.  I believe in tender mercies.

2 comments:

  1. I believe in tender mercies too. I am astonished that God can personalize our blessing to our unique needs and that he can do it for everyone. BTW, I am caught up on your blog. I will try to comment more so you know I am reading. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading these to john as we drive to st George. He can no longer say he hasn't read these posts. We also believe in tender mercies.

    ReplyDelete