Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I’m a Believer



I’m a Believer
First and foremost you have to know that I am a believer.  I have never not believed that the LDS church is God’s kingdom here on earth.  This is not to say in any way that I have not made mistakes and that I am free from the natural man, but the teachings and beliefs of the church have shaped my life and I am who I am because of the choices I have made, which have been driven by my testimony and strong belief in the church.  From my choice to go on a mission at 19 to where I am now, waiting for our call to go on our second senior mission, the church has played a critical role in my decisions.  If I had not gone on a mission at 19, I would not have met my eternal companion.  If I had not gone to Bolivia, I would never have had the experiences of sealing couples and children to their parents.  I would not have had my testimony fortified and my knowledge and understanding would not be what it is today.  So the record is straight--John Norman is a believer.  From time to time on this blog you will get an insight into how I understand the principles and beliefs of the gospel of Christ.  Remember what I believe today may change over time, as my understanding is made perfect, as the Holy Ghost teaches me the truth of all things.  I will also tell you about my other beliefs. For example, I believe in optimism.  My glass is almost always half full.  Life for me is too short to go around unhappy and it is a choice we all make.  I believe we can choose to be happy and optimistic or we can choose to be unhappy and pessimistic.  We can count our blessings or we can count what we don’t have and want.  I believe we spend way too much time thinking about the things of this world and not enough time thinking about the things of the world to come.   What we think about is what we will receive and become.  I believe we need to focus and find the time to think about our ultimate goal of returning to our Father in Heaven and as we think about this, I believe the Holy Ghost will teach us what we need to do and know in order to be worthy to live in God’s presence.  Remember I am a BELIEVER.                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment