Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Believe in Blogging




I Believe in Blogging

I believe in blogging is a given.   If I didn’t, I wouldn’t, but I do, so I blog.  Blogging serves a couple of purposes.  First, it is a great way to record what you have been doing and thinking.  You might think that no one cares.  I believe even if no one follows your blog right now, your blog has value.  Some day your grandchildren or great-grandchildren will want to know you and they will go to your blog and little by little they will get to know you.  The day to day stuff is what will help them know what your life was like and how you lived day by day.  I believe that blogging is Family History and is one of the best ways to connect and stay connected to those you love and who love you.  I follow a number of blogs of friends from our last mission and will continue to follow what they are doing in their lives, because they have become important to me.  I am connected to them.  I can’t write letters to hundreds of friends and family, but I can write once a week and stay connected to lots of friends and family.  Second, blogging for me is cathartic.  It makes me feel good.   I don’t know why, but after I have written a blog and put it out there for everyone to read, I feel good inside.  Maybe it is because I know that some of my kids will read my blog and maybe I will in some small way be an influence for good in their lives.  I at least hope so.  I believe in blogging.

2 comments:

  1. I have finally had a few minutes to go back and read your posts. I have to say that I'm glad you believe in blogging. I loved reading your updates while you were on your mission. It made you feel less far away even though you were half way across the world. I look forward to hearing about what you guys are up to on your next mission. I am also glad you are taking the time to do this blog. It's fun to read about what you do, but I like reading about what you think. Thanks Dad, for being a good blogger and a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie has good comments doesn't she? I think Katie is a good writer and good thinker. Dad, you're not bad either. John b.

    ReplyDelete